Things to do in and around Palolem
Palolem and the surrounds are about three main things, Beach, Relaxation and more Beach, if want an activity filled vacation, then Palolem is probably not for you. However there are many must dos if you're here.
- Choose your beach, and relax.
- Palolem beach is rightly world famous, a crescent of palm trees and 2 kms of sand. Lots of bars and restaurants to suit every palate and every taste. Everyone has their favouite
- Patnem beach is the next beach heading south, and while not as idyllic as Palolem many people prefer it's laid back vibe
- Continuing south and just around a small headland is Rajbag beach, this is where the InterContinental Hotel is, but it's still a public beach for anyone to use.
- The next beach south - and you must cross the river to reach it - is lovely Talpona. Virtually deserted
- After Talpona is Galgibag, one of the most beautiful beaches in Goa, a virtually untouched turtle nesting site, eat the most delicious, cheap seafood at one of three shacks on this paradise beach.
- If you ride a motorbike, hire a Royal Enfield, if you don't learn to ride a scooter, it's so easy even Janet can do it!
- If you like Dolphins, hire a boat and go Dolphin spotting early in the morning.
- Try Kayaking, it's more difficult than it looks.
- Visit the ruins of Cabo de Rama, an old Portugese fort with Hindu origins, for stunning views of the Goan coast line.
- Yoga, there are many courses available to suit all levels, from complete novice to advanced.
- Dance the night away at a Silent Noise headphone party, everyone should go once.
- Sing at one of the many open mike nights at the beach bars of Palolem and Patnem.
- Go to the dentist, India has many good ones, and the costs are 75% less than in Europe or North America.
- Have a comprehensive medical check up, it will take a day, cost very little and could save your life.